Welcome to Episode 60 of Praestabilis: Excellence in Marketing
In episode 60 the topic is one that everyone must give some thought to when they first come online. Yes, it’s choosing a business model that will work for you, the lifestyle you wish to create, and the niche and target audience you are serving.
I began back in 2006 with affiliate marketing. I did not have a list, and used my blog and my articles to get my name and message out to the world. I still earn an excellent income with affiliate marketing and it accounts for just over 40% of my income. You may become my affiliate at Affiliate Links and Tools.
Soon, I added local business marketing to what I had to offer. Initially, I was helping a family member who’d started a new business. After my results improved and I was able to help make his office phone ring, I began offering marketing help for small, local businesses in my community.
Other business models to consider are digital information products, coaching and consulting, niche sites and authorship. I would encourage you to pursue your interests and goals as you choose a business model that suits your lifestyle.
I’m encouraging you to write every day. Write about what you know, share stories from your heart and your life experiences, and publish your writing, at least online for others to read. My most recent website and blog is Monday Morning Mellow and you can get an idea of what I’m sharing with the world and how this can become a business model for you. See all of my books I’ve published here. Also, here are some things that will enhance your life experience…
- Reading books not having to do with my business. Right now I’m reading the revised and updated version of The China Study: The Most Comprehensive Study of Nutrition Ever Conducted and the Startling Implications for Diet, Weight Loss, and Long-Term Health by T. Colin Campbell and Thomas M. Campbell II, as well as Malcolm Gladwell’s latest, The Bomber Mafia: A Dream, a Temptation, and the Longest Night of the Second World War. Reading in this way allows me to expand my mind and thinking so that I can see beyond the confines of marketing and other topics I know very well.
- Creative writing. I think of this as writing for pleasure. My writing practice has expanded significantly over the years, and in July of 2019 I started a third blog called Monday Morning Mellow in order to have a home on the internet in which to share these stories.
- Getting away from familiar surroundings. I began this early on in my entrepreneurial journey by going to a hotel located about an hour from my home for an overnight stay. This hotel was at the beach in Ventura, California and gave me a new perspective on my life and my business that became priceless to me over time.
- Unplugging completely. This was a tough one for me to embrace, but once I did I was able to see dramatic results in my outlook on life, level of creativity, and how I was able to navigate the waters of life and business. I highly recommend you do this for 24 hours each week for best results.
- Talking to people from other walks of life. I talk to strangers and this had made the difference in how I am able to interact with others and improve my life’s progress.
What’s your story and how are you using it to change your life in an amazing and positive way? Do you have a morning routine that works for you?
Please connect with me on Twitter and let me know what you are working on so I may share it with my vast and growing audience.
“One day you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through and it will be someone else’s survival guide.” ~ Brene Brown
How you created a morning routine that works for you? A morning routine actually begins the evening before. Are you setting yourself up for success each day with a morning routine you have designed specifically for your situation and your goals? Here are some things to consider as you go about this process…
- Do you have obligations to others in your home, or outside of your home that will affect what you do each morning when you awake?
- What tasks and activities are best done in the morning, for your schedule, personality, and lifestyle?
- What can you do each morning that will make the remainder of your day happier and more productive?
- Is there something you encounter most mornings that derails your day? Do you have the power to change this in some way?
If you’d like to come aboard for my complimentary training, sign up at:
Listen to my most recent podcast for Praestabilis: Excellence in Marketing at:
Check out my most recent membership site, set up as a free and ongoing eCourse at https://ActionHabitsChallenge.com. Read this article I published on “5 Profitable Membership Models” at https://connieragengreen.com/membership-site-models/. Also, please visit my main site at https://ConnieRagenGreen.com and connect with me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/ConnieGreen.
Actions are everything and bring about the results we wish to achieve. Be sure to come aboard for my complimentary Action Habits Challenge and we can work through this topic together. As a part of this training I am highly recommend the book Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action by Simon Sinek.
Be sure to listen to earlier episodes of Praestabilis: Excellence in Marketing for more detailed information and ideas to grow your business as an author and an online entrepreneur.
I have a new book with Ellen Finkelstein entitled Speakers! The Quick Public Speaking to Business Method: Turning Your Talk into an Ongoing Revenue Stream. Whether you are brand new to speaking or are a seasoned public speaker, this book will make a difference for you.
The first book I co-authored with Ellen is Authors! The Quick Book to Business Method: Turning Your Book into an Ongoing Revenue Stream and in it we teach and explain how you can write a book that will represent you well and create multiple streams of income for you, as it continues to do for us and many others.
I have just completed another new book titled Booster Rocket Launches: Helping Your Prospects to Find You Everywhere. I’m using my ongoing authorship as an example of why baby steps will never take you where you’d like to go in your life and business. This one you will definitely want to have in paperback, and that will be obvious when you have it in your hands and discover how powerful what I’m sharing will be to your business.
I would love to know your thoughts on these concepts. Please visit my main sites at Connie Ragen Green and Huge Profits Tiny List. Connect with me on Twitter for the latest updates and announcements.
Get started with your own eBook empire by learning how to write an eBook from the person who continues to guide me along this lucrative journey. Take a look at How to Write and Publish Your Own eBook…in as Little as 7 Days from expert and author Jim Edwards.
Thank you for this opportunity to serve you as I share my beliefs, perceptions, and experiences as an author, online entrepreneur, and marketing strategist with you. Marketing has become the joy of my life as I continue to learn, grow, and share concepts with others.
I’m bestselling author, marketing strategist, and online entrepreneur Connie Ragen Green and I would love to connect further with you to help you to achieve your goals. If you are interested in learning how to optimize the syndication of your content, please take a look at my popular Syndication Optimization training course and consider coming aboard to increase your visibility, credibility, and profitability.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download